12.05.2011

Returning.

Coming back to a place that, in many ways, opened my naive eyes is
refreshing. It was in Xela that I received my first taste of Spanish
which is such a huge part of my current life. In a small village close
by I held my first newborn baby just 1 second old and a dream, which
will shortly become reality, began. This place illustrated the reality
of joy, found in people (your family, neighbors) rather than
possessions. At the time joined by my boyfriend, long conversations
full of dreams, heartache, and anticipation; now accompanying my best
friend and lover with comfort and accountability founded in reality
and the Lord. So, after more than 6 years, our feet hit the pavement
here in Xela with hearts full of memories, heads full of all that the
years between held, and fully content with what God has in store for
our future. Learning to stop, breathe, and enjoy.
Quite a different travel experience than the first. Minus the chickens
this time...Don Jose picked us up from Guatemala City in a car and we
enjoyed a 3 hour drive through the mountains to Xela...with mouths
wide open the whole way, enjoying the beauty of it all, just like old
times ;)

No comments: